|Boys about to discover that it’s really cold in there|
This week I made the rather surprising discovery that poo doesn’t melt or dissolve when washed at 90 degrees on a cotton wash. No. It tucks itself into the rubber seal and waits to pounce.
This moment of domestic education led me to consider the other things I’d rather not know:
- If you undertake a journey that involves more than 10 hours of driving, a three-year-old passenger will become constipated.
- The addition of a weaning child to a brain-melting hangover tips it over into intolerable.
- It takes a really long time to get the smell of vomit out of anything.
- There really isn’t anything suitable to say when your child barf all over himself, you and the chair you are both sitting on in a restaurant, just as the food arrives.
- The only way to get encrusted bogies off a leather sofa is to pick them with your finger nail.
- A flatpack wardrobe will collapse and break irreparably if you try to build it on your own (I’m still not ready to laugh about this yet).
- Pontins at Burnham on Sea is a revolting place to spend the night.
- It’s really hard to give up smoking.
really hardimpossible to lose the baby weight.
- The best time to discover you have forgotten to pack any nappies is not at 50,000ft when your child has just dropped a particularly explosive bomb.
- The day you’re sure your toddler can’t put the plug in by himself is the day he can.