Do you remember when tiredness was a result of partying not restless toddlers? When you had loads of energy? And when a night in on the sofa was the most boring thing you could think of instead of a bit of treat?
Perhaps that’s still you and you’re thinking that you will never, ever get to the point where a nice cup of tea is the high point of a day. I’ve got news for you. One day in your 40s you’ll suddenly find yourself uttering some of the following phrases and you won’t have the slightest idea how it came to this.
- Where are my specs?
- What is this music all about, I can’t hear what they’re singing?
- Does her mother know she’s out in that outfit?
- Shhh, not now, it’s The Archers.
- Ooh, a cup of tea, lovely.
- These shoes are so comfortable.
- A nightclub? No thanks.
- You must give me the recipe…
- You’re a doctor, how can you be so young? (probably not said out loud, but nontheless)
- Can you cover up the gray please?
- Oh an early night, lovely. Now where’s my book
- Hmmm. I wonder how long that hair’s been there.
- What did I come upstairs for?
- I’m sure I know you from somewhere, what’s your name?
- What am I on Google for?
- Shhhh. That’s a bit loud. Turn it down.
- Oh, heck. I know the word, I just can’t remember it.
- And the killer – is it me, or is it hot in here?
Take heart though. It’s not all bad news. You’ll find that a cup of tea and a quite evening on the sofa really is rather lovely… if only you could remember what it was that you were planning to watch.