When it comes to trying to conceive, it is important to ensure you do all you can to aid your health. Many couples find it difficult to conceive and while this can be for a variety of reasons it can also be due to lifestyle and health issues. Having a healthy body is great for many things and most importantly for a new baby. In this article, I will talk about ways to keep healthy during trying to conceive times.
Tips to help when it comes to conception
If you want to improve your health and lifestyle in order to try to conceive, there are a number of changes that you can make. You will find that factors such as what you are eating, your sleeping habits and quality, and your overall lifestyle will have an impact on how quickly or whether you are able to conceive. Of course, this isn’t the only factor that can have an impact on conception. A lot of couples find themselves in need of a helping hand from places such as https://www.dunyaivf.com, which deals with IVF treatment. However, you may find that some simple changes can make all the difference. This includes changes such as:
- Drinking and smoking: It is important to look after your health and body when you are trying to conceive and this means cutting out alcohol and smoking. The latter in particular can have a huge impact on fertility as well as seriously damaging your health in other ways. While there are mixed reports with regards to alcohol levels when trying to conceive, some experts believe that the best bet is to give up alcohol altogether to be on the safe side. However, smoking is a definite no and needs to be stopped completely.
- Reduce stress levels: High levels of stress can have an impact when it comes to fertility and conception, so you also need to look at your lifestyle. Take time to chill out and enjoy quality time, relax after work, and make sure you are getting plenty of high quality sleep. Enjoy relaxing spa baths to unwind and cozy nights in bed with a good book. If you are constantly stressed, never sleep properly, and always on the go, the chances of conception may be reduced. Continued stress can also lead to other health problems, which could have a further impact on pregnancy.
- Eat the right food: Another thing you need to look at is what you are eating when you are trying to conceive. Your diet is an important part of your health and needs to be considered when you are trying to have a baby. You should cut out junk and sugary foods and well as minimize on caffeine. Instead, make sure you eat a very balanced and healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables so that you can a good combination of minerals and vitamins to aid your health and wellbeing.
- Exercise: Fitness and health are important if you want to conceive, so as part of a healthy lifestyle you should try and get into shape. You don’t have to go overboard but just get some regular activity and exercise. In addition, being underweight or overweight can affect your chances of conception so making sure you stay fit and healthy means that you can boost the chances of getting pregnant.
- Increase your intake of folic acid: Another thing you should do is increase your intake of folic acid several months before you try to conceive. This will ensure you are getting the right levels of iron if you do conceive quite quickly. You can find folic acid in a range of foods, such as leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, whole grains, and beans, amongst others. You should, therefore, add these to your diet. Folic acid is important both before and during pregnancy.
Make these changes and boost your chances of conception
By making these changes to your lifestyle, diet, and overall health, you can boost your chances of conception. Of course, the time it takes to conceive can vary from one couple to the next even with these changes and it may take some far longer to get pregnant than others. However, taking these steps is a positive move towards increased the chances of conception and enjoying a healthy pregnancy.