It’s winter again. I love winter. A quick glance at the calendar tells me that it’s mid November and the fact we are at 55 degrees north mean that it’s winter. Autumn is over and spring is a very, very long way off.
But if you need other clues, here are my top ten hints that it’s winter:
- I have blisters on my ankle bones from a close encounter with a hot water bottle or electric fan.
- Is your HVAC system prepared for the winter? The central heating usually needs heating maintenance and furnace repair, so it is best to hire a residential and commercial hvac repair technician to get it fixed and to have your unit ready before the winter begins. If your existing furnace is already quite old, a furnace replacement may be in order. You can find more info here about ac maintenance winter park fl. For additional HVAC maintenance and heating services, you might want to visit tsshomecomfort.com/heating-services-in-meridian/.
- We now need our chimney so we scheduled a residential chimney cleaning company to come do some maintenance.
- At least one son has outgrown his winter boots.
- It is daylight for such short amounts of time that it’s hardly worth opening the curtains and certainly not worth cleaning the windows.
- The vests are out. Boy Three got new ones which prompted this conversation. “Isn’t this vest lovely? It feels all cosy.”
“It doesn’t feel cozy. It feels all mummy.”
- I am reminded of how expensive it is to buy tickets for a city centre pantomime. Boo hiss.
- Sean Batty is overheard saying “snow likely on higher ground”.
- There is a tiny little frost and three people I meet in the morning report falling over.
- Any pretense at maintaining feet and legs in a respectable ladylike manner is abandoned with glee.
- I get invited to review a sledge.
- Christmas cards arrive.
But this year I am organised. We have antifreeze, a windscreen cosy, a shiny new snow shovel and I’m giving serious thought to some of those snow grips that strap on to your shoes. Mr J Frost, bring it on – I’m ready.